Being the heart of the Gold Coast, Burleigh is centrally located and conveniently close to all of the tourist hotspots that Gold Coast. Here’s just a few of the popular destinations your want on your list of things to do on the Gold Coast for your next Holiday.
Surfers Paradise Beachfront Market
Busy and bustling Surfers Paradise market offers a variety of products, including fashion, jewellery, accessories, artworks, photographs, beauty products and homewares and live entertainment.
When: Every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night.
Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk
Located in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland this 1.5 kilometre, 45 minute lush rainforest experience includes the steel Skywalk Bridge, the 40 metre Skywalk Cantilever and the Viewing Platform, with a winding pathway along the canopy floor.
- With some of the highest, fastest thrill rides in the world – Dreamworld is Australia’s biggest theme park and the ultimate family fun from toddlers to thrill seekers.
- Dreamworld is home to the BIG 9 Thrill Rides including Tail Spin and over 50 rides and attractions.
- Visitors can step back in time at Gold Rush Country on classic family rides: Thunder River Rapids, Rocky Hollow Log Ride and AVIS Vintage Cars – a time warp experience for everyone.
- Experience Tiger Island’s magnificent animals play, wrestle and swim. Get close and personal with native wildlife.
Dreamworld Corroboree will open your eyes the indigenous world .
- The new ABC Kids World features Giggle and Hoot, The Wiggles, Play School and Bananas in Pyjamas. DreamWorks Experience includes Madagascar Madness, Shrek’s Faire Faire Away and Kung Fu Panda: Land of Awesomeness.
- From your favourite, famous characters, adventure rides, to live shows and entertainment make Dreamworld the perfect day out for the whole family.
- Brought to you by Dreamworld, WhiteWater World is no ordinary water park – it’s a water ride park. From the most extreme waterslides on the planet to family friendly attractions, WhiteWater World uses cutting edge technology to deliver water-powered thrills for all ages!
- Paying homage to Australian beach and surf culture, WhiteWater World is packed with Australian firsts and the only park where you can experience all four of the hottest waterslides on the planet!
- Take on the thrill water rides – check out the newly opened ‘Triple Vortex’ or ‘The BRO’, the world’s first eight-lane octopus racer. Then take on ‘Super Tubes HydroCoaster’ an intense rollercoaster on water; ‘The Green Room’ a massive funnel thrill ride;’The Rip’ the nation’s biggest gurgler; ‘The Temple of Huey’ with screaming 360s of the three slides and ‘The Cave of Waves’ with surging 1.5 metre waves.
- Splash and play at Wiggle Bay, with toddler slides, sprays and even water pianos and flutes!
- Get your fix at Pipeline Plunge then step inside the launch chamber of WhiteWater World’s power slide, The Wedgie, cross your arms in near brace position and peer face first five-storeys below.
- WhiteWater World is water powered wow!
Warner Bros. Movie World
- Batwing Spaceshot, experience a rapid 4g vertical launch up a 60 mtr tower
- Superman Escape, 0-100km in just 2 secs. This is the best roller coaster in Australia
- Arkham Asylum, a roller coaster upside down…well you have to see it. Pull 4g’s over this 700 mtr track
- Hollywood Stunt Driver, this is real action live movie set incorporating breathtaking stunts, precision driving. The best stunt show you will ever see!
- Wild West Falls adventure ride, combines water, the wild west, cowboys, wagon trains and a 70km per hour splashdown!
- Kids fun zone, home to your favourite Looney Tunes characters and rides inc Bugs bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester and much much more
- Castaway Bay, the new $6m interactive adventure zone amazing child themed adventure areas
- Jet Rescue, join the mission to save the our marine life on the new Jet Rescue….hitting speeds of 70km p/hr on the back of a jetski!
- Sea Viper, one of the craziest roller coasters going around!
- Beach Break Bay includes a range of kids rides, attractions and daily shows with your favourite friends Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Zoe, Grover, Cookie Monster and Elmo!
- Sky High Highway, view Sea Worlds best attractions from above
- Sea World Mono rail, best way between Sea World resort and Sea World
- Vikings revenge flume ride, a family favourite…..get ready to get wet!
- King Pengiun Encounter, home of the worlds second largest penguin species…the King Penguin. Includes elevated and underwater viewing options
- Dolphin show, the highlight of the day at Sea World. Watch the trainers and the stars of the show jump, flip, surf in the 2500 undercover viewing area.
- Ray Reef, an interactive display of Sting Rays
- Polar Bear Shores, a great arctic display of its residents, the Polar Bears!
- Shark Bay, an awesome multi-level above and below water exhibit
Wet n Wild
- 3 times bigger than any other water park in Australia
- AquaLoop, enter the trap door, be released and travel through 4 transparent slides at speeds of 60km per hour. This is the craziest slide in the world
- Plummet 30mts whilst spinning on a massive surfboard…awesome!
- Whirlpool springs, just like the real thing!
- Buccaneer Bay, this is a kids adventure playground with interactive games, slides and a giant tipping bucket that frequently spills water over the whole enclosure
- Mammoth Falls, 6 person giant tube plummeting over 200mtrs of white water rapids!
- Super 8 Aqua racer….custom drag lights…who will be the first to the bottom
- River Rapids, slide your way down this white water mountain
- Giant wave pool, small waves in the shallows, big waves in the deep. Tubes available for hire at the Beach Hut
- Opal Mining OR Gold Fossicking
- Stockmen & Sheep Dog Show
- Sheep Shearing Show & Ram Parade
- Billy Tea and Stock Horse Arena
- Koala Village & Photo Centre
- Kangaroo & Koala Sanctuary
- Animal Nursery Feeding
- Purchase a buffet style lunch for $20pp or burgers for $10pp on the day.